Here I am trying to keep a low profile, due to my earlier discretion. My mind wonders and ponders on a few subjects, which I am hoping to get some kind of answers to.
What’s up with cats? They don’t have to listen, or follow the rules. They have permission to get on the furniture, and when they ask me to play I get in trouble. If I run room to room, it means I need dog training. When the cat does it my people are looking for a camera. They never have to wear a leash. They get spoiled and they don’t even have protection training.
If my people want me to bark when someone comes to the door, how come they won’t let me show off my protection dog training?
How come the sprinklers don’t stop when I bite them? People always do. Why can’t I chase the lawn mower? Why do people think I don’t want to play in the rain?
Just because I am looking at them while they are eating doesn’t mean I’m a beggar. Maybe I just love to watch them eat.
Translated by: Wendy Aston Training Supervisor, Global K9 Group
The holiday season brings us many new dangers in our homes, especially for our pets and young children.
Not the least of these is the festive plants we bring in for decoration. You will need to pre-plan where you might set your holiday plants. These plants are poisonous, and can cause stomach problems, skin irritation, vomiting, dehydration and respiratory problems.
The following are some of the problem plants for your pets and people if ingested.
Poinsettia – These come in a variety of attractive colors from deep Christmas red to pink and mottled colors.
This plant is more of an irritant then a poison. It is the sap, rather than the leaves, that causes the irritation. The Poinsettia may cause skin and mouth irritation or vomiting.
Mistletoe – Mistletoe is a tradition that has been around for many years, be sure to keep it out of reach of children and pets.
It is the berries of the Mistletoe that are the problem here, if you can remove them before hanging your mistletoe you will have less chance of an incident. The symptoms of mistletoe poisoning are vomiting, diarrhea, increased heart and respiratory rate.
Holly – Again it is the berries of the holly that can be poisonous if a large amount is eaten. This can cause vomiting upset stomach and diarrhea.
Have a safe and happy holiday season, from Global K9 Group.
By: Wendy Aston, Training Supervisor, Global K9 Group, LLC